After discussion with a lot of the members it has been decided to run the events in Wales as a tour. There is to be ten events where there will be a trophy for each event and a set amount of points available at each event. No prizes will be given to event winners but the prizes for the top 5 of the tour will receive prizes. This again has been decided by the majority of the members saying they would prefer quality over quantity so the top five participants will receive prizes of more value than the standard balls that were presented last year. Trophies still get given for event winners. This will also earn you the chance to represent Wales in International events through the tour order of merit. This will also have an influence on the Handicup project where Team DGA will play France in a Two day team knock out format.
Format and rules of the “Race to Wales” tour.
- All events to be played under the format of Stableford.
- Golfers of a handicap over 36 will play from the Ladies tees.
- The individual can play in as few or as many of the 10 events as the participant wishes to do so, however the more events entered the more chances of winning the overall competition.
- For every entry in to the event you will receive an automatic attendance bonus 10 points
- Winner of individual event 50 points
- Runner up of individual event 35 points
- 3rd place of individual event 28 points
- 4th place of individual event 21 points
- 5th place of individual event 15 points
- 6th place of individual event 10 points
Players are required to keep there handicaps up to date, for members who do not have a club handicap will be monitored by Mike Wallace and myself. Players who have a club and society handicap will be required to play off their club handicap, if there is a difference please contact myself or Mike Wallace to adjust/correct up to date club handicap (certificate may be required). All rounds where handicaps would change at your club please contact myself or Mike Wallace and one of us will arrange for your card to be sent to your club.
As you’re all aware things are extremely tight and with the lack of funding in Wales we are having to mirror the costs that are in place in England. Each event will cost £35 (buggies included for priority participants) with juniors/students at £20 per event, food for caddies and carers will vary as last year from event to event. The costs of running everything has taken an increase so I cannot delay the increase as we did last year, I can only apologise for this. The bonus for running this tour is that it is more appealing to sponsors, so we hope that if we obtain sponsorship that we can then feed the money back in to the tour, (better prizes, Polo tops etc.) So please take in to consideration that it is not for our gain and remember we are a not for profit organisation.
Race for Wales Tour Dates
Dates may change but are all confirmed. All events that get cancelled due to weather will be played at an alternative date.